- Trowel – there are different sizes and kinds of trowel according to its purpose and use. Its blade should be made of steel to last longer and its handle could be made up of plastic or wood. The blades varies from its length and width. The larger trowel is used for spreading mortar while the smaller size is used for repairs of mortar joints and scraping excess mortar.
- Hammer – this tool is used in splitting blocks and hammering nails with the other end. The other end is like a chisel that is used in cutting a line, while the other end is used to clean and take off any pieces that is not broken off cleanly.
- Blocking chisel – a blocking chisel is used when there is a need to split the blocks or bricks very cleanly. Chisel may come in different sizes and shapes and it should be made of steel so that when the other end is strike by a sledge, it will give a clean cut.
- Mashing hammer – this tool is used in striking a chisel when cutting bricks or blocks and it has two striking ends.
- Power saw – safety goggles are necessary and accessories must not be worn for precautionary. There are two basic types of mason power saw such as table-saw or hand-held saw.
- Levels – a good level must contain alcohol in the vials since alcohol is more accurate than oil. Its purpose is to keep your work all even.
- Mason line – it is recommended that you use a nylon when making a straight wall; overextended between two corners of the partition you are working on.
- Steel Square – this tool is used in making accurate angle and degree in order that your wall or other openings will fit.
- Chalk line – it comes in plastic or metal case with a cord coming out on one end. When this line is overextended between two points and snapped, it will leave a mark on the surface.
Every mason needs these important tools with them to be effectively and efficiently finish their work.